Thursday, November 1, 2012

talking back

November 1, 2012

The reason I began this blog back in June is because I knew that it would be a very long time of recovery and challenges for Milo and, because he is a foster dog, I'm accountable to many people for updates on his progress but I know that the many people who helped get Milo into foster and from Red Lake Rosie's as well as Minnesota Wisconsin Collie Rescue would also want to be able to follow his recuperation period. So I thought that by making it public, everyone could check in on him if they wished and catch up at their leisure.

What I couldn't imagine is how much this exercise has helped me keep track of the series of issues and challenges that have cropped up along the way.  It is very hard to try to explain to someone all of the illnesses and issues Milo faced when he came into rescue and then the other issues that developed over the summer.  Because there are so many, it is difficult to remember them all!   I've also been very conscious of taking photos to document his progress because I'm sharing it and - let's face it - pictures are more fun!

I have received some comments from various people to which I've not responded.  Truth?  I don't know how!  This method of journal-ing is somewhat of a one way street and the comment area doesn't capture an e-mail address. So...just let me say THANK YOU to all of the kind comments and well wishes for Milo's health and well-being both publicly and privately over the last few months.  I wasn't ignoring anyone... just perhaps a bit ignorant??  :)  Milo would lean on you for a hug if he could see you right now.

It is wonderful to know that there have been so many people pulling for Milo all these months.  I'm sure all of this positive energy directed his way was beneficial to his recovery.  Thank you for being a friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment